Make a splash with your words and pictures! Relearn the language that everyday citizens use and you will become more confident and successful as you set out to enlighten the uninformed and persuade the undecided to take action on behalf of our rivers, lakes, and oceans. This course consists of three 90 minute webinars, and includes three optional homework assignments that you can complete if you wish to earn .5 CEUs for participation.
- Date. Time. 90 Minutes. Part 1. The Perils of Preaching to the Choir. Learn how and why most environmental messages fail to connect. After completing this training, you will be able to spot the signs of "preaching to the choir" and recognize when you are sending messages that miss the mark or aggravate your audience.
- Date. Time. 90 Minutes. Part 2. The Environmental Message Method, Steps 1-4. Learn to transform professional level conservation writing into messages that are suitable for everyday citizens. You will learn steps 1-4 of the "Environmental Message Method:" Begin With Behavior, Foolproof Photos, Swap the Shoptalk, and the Words That Work.
- Date. Time. 90 Minutes. Part 3. The Environmental Message Method, Steps 5 and 6. You will learn to approach others to vouch for you in your message, and how to measure the difficulty of your writing to determine if it will educate -- or irritate -- your audience.
Our course evaluations are full of feedback like this:
- "The training was great and [the instructor] was great! Particularly the gap of what motivates people to do something was very helpful for me."
- "I took a brochure I was working on and applied the steps. I came up with some significant ways to improve the wording and include better images."
- "The training format was very convenient for me and I was able to fit it into my schedule. It's great that the sessions are recorded because I had to miss one of them."
Ready to sign up? Click the button below to register for the course. Once you register, we'll send you an invoice for $49.95 that you can pay by check, credit card, or PayPal.
Got questions before you sign up? Write us at email@example.com