posted Nov 21, 2016, 10:00 AM by Laura Ganus
updated Jan 12, 2017, 12:12 PM
Webinar Recording Date: Thursday, January 12th at 1pm Eastern
With a fresh MS4 permit in hand, New Castle County found themselves with a dilemma. The Education and Outreach Minimum Control Measure required the county to generate at least 250,000 advertising impressions and to use before-and-after surveys to demonstrate a “statistically valid” increase in stormwater awareness.
NCCDE chose to meet this requirement by setting up an illicit discharges hotline -- and promoting that hotline heavily. On January 12th at 1:00 p.m., join us for a free informational webinar to hear how the effort turned out!
Learn the answers to these and other questions:
- How much did it cost to generate 250,000 advertising impressions?
- Did the county actually measure a "statistically valid" increase in stormwater awareness?
- How many discharges did county residents report? Were the reports any good?
- What would they do differently if they could do it over again?
- Michael Harris, New Castle County Department of Special Services
- Eric Eckl, Water Words That Work, LLC
Information Webinar Presentation:
Presentation Recording (73 minutes):