posted Dec 4, 2016, 6:00 AM by Eric Eckl
updated Dec 4, 2016, 6:00 AM
The Yale Program on Climate Change Communication is seeking a talented and data-driven digital director to develop our online strategy and grow our
audience, which has experienced rapid growth over the past year (e.g., +500% followers on Facebook; +300% on LinkedIn; +67% on Twitter; +225%
website visitors). The director will oversee our digital programs, including managing our websites, email lists, and social media to communicate our public opinion research and climate news content. The director will also manage our online advertising and conduct message tests. We are looking for an environmentally-focused digital professional, with a passion for promoting engaging content to a variety of public, policymaker, and expert audiences (The YPCCC does not conduct advocacy campaigns or online fundraising).
- Develop and direct a new digital strategy for the Yale Program on Climate Change Communication and our online news site *Yale Climate
- Manage websites, email communication, creative development, online advertising, and social media campaigns.
- Increase the size and engagement of diverse audiences with our content.
- Develop and test new tactics to engage different audiences in climate change science and solutions.
- Conduct social media and digital advertising message tests (e.g., A/B, audience experiments, etc.).
- Manage and lead a team of part-time graduate student assistants to execute communication campaigns.
- Coordinate digital strategy with internal and external stakeholders including academic, media, and advocacy partners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Digital marketing and message testing, including hands-on experience with SEO, SEM, social, web, email, and online advertising, as well as different tech and social media platforms for content distribution (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, ActionSprout, etc.), email communication & deliverability, and social media management.
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to communicate scientific concepts to diverse audiences.
- Strong creative content development (emails, posts, tweets, videos, etc.).
- Understanding of social media, email, and other digital best practices.
- 3+ years digital and/or campaign experience, such as digital work for news organizations, non-profit advocacy groups, think tanks, universities, or political campaigns, or in a relevant marketing role.
- Relevant experience for managing a team of students working part-time.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, and an ability to adapt to evolving priorities and deadlines.
Yale University offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Yale University is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a cover letter and a CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject heading "YPCCC Digital Director Position." Members of under-represented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.